Zombie Walk 5
On Saturday, Oct. 26, Downtown Phoenix will be overrun by the living dead and other creatures of the night during Zombie Walk 5, one of the largest zombie walks in the United States.
Join a zombie horde of over 10,000 at Heritage and Science Park for an all-day festival and mass shuffle throughout the streets of Downtown.
Questions about Zombie Walk? Call the Downtown Phoenix Ambassadors at 602-495-1500
The Zombie Walk 5 festival starts at 2 p.m. with the walk scheduled to begin at approximately 6 p.m.
After the walk return to Heritage & Science Park for more food, music and organized chaos.
Admission is 100 percent FREE.
The Zombie Walk 5 festival takes place at Heritage & Science Park in Downtown Phoenix on Saturday October 26 starting at 2 p.m.
This FREE, family-friendly festival kicks off at 2 p.m. with vendors, family activities, music and a Rose & Crown beer garden featuring Four Peaks plus sangria and Italian food from locally-owned Crust Restaurants.
The highlight of the night, the annual shuffle of the undead, will commence at dusk (roughly 6 p.m.) when Zombie King and Queen Michael Aguirre and Breanna Reeser will join KUPD’s John Holmberg in leading 10,000 zombies on the 1.2 mile route through the heart of Downtown Phoenix. There will be surprises all along the route this year, including appearances by the Department of Zombie Defense, the United Zombies of America and many, many more.
Don't know how to become a zombie? No problem! A donation of canned food items to St. Mary’s Food Bank gets you a 5 minute makeover from an Arizona Ghostbuster.
The Zombie Walk Main Stage starts rocking at 3 p.m. and features performances from Free Ride in a Mason Jar, Soul Power, Recipe for Disaster and a live reading of The Raven from the actors of PoeFest. Zombie rockers Powerman 5000 will close the show at 9:30 p.m.
Non-zombies are also invited to attend Zombie Walk 5.
After all, you can't have a proper Zombie Apocalypse without victims.
Admission is 100 percent FREE.
Parking: $5 at the Arizona Center, $5 at CityScape for those in zombie costume, free at meters.
Zombie Walk 5 aims to donate over one ton of non-perishable food items to St. Mary’s Food Bank.
All attendees are encouraged to bring a canned goods or a small monetary donation.
Little Zombie Zone:
Zombie Walk 5 is fun for kids of all ages!
Visit the Little Zombie Zone presented by Bookmans during the Zombie Walk 5 festival for FREE games, crafts, a photo booth, snacks and appearances by the Arizona Ghostbusters, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona Humane Society as well as a zombie preparedness zone from the American Red Cross.
Free water bottles will be on hand for the little ones from APS.
The Arizona Humane Society will also be on hand collecting items from their Shelter Wish List.
Little Zombie Zone runs from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. under the Lath House pavilion at Heritage and Science Park.
Download the Zombie Coloring Book!
Zombie Homecoming '13 - A Night to Dismember - was a blast.
Join them and KUPD's John Holmberg as they lead the Zombie Walk through Downtown Phoenix October 26.
See what you missed and view photos of the night here.
Catch the King and Queen before the big day at the following locations:
Bookmans Phoenix October 11 from 6-8 p.m.
Bookmans Mesa October 16 from 6-8 p.m.
Nerd Walk October 19, ASU Homecoming Tempe, 11 a.m.
Zombie Pub Crawl October 19, Rose and Crown 9 p.m.
Specials, steals and deals on more than just brains.
Specials, steals and deals on more than just brains.
- Arizona Science Center
600 East Washington - 602-716-2000
- $2 off General Admission to Arizona Science Center
- Arizona Science Center turns into the weirdest Halloween spot in Phoenix all month long! Frightfully fun Halloween-themed events include Monsters, Mad scientists & Ghosts Costume Contest, the Bizzare-O-Ween Ball, turning humans into the walking dead, fashionable mad scientists, exploring the magic and science behind Harry Potter, fairytales, super heroes, learning the science of sweets and so much more! Arizona Science Center will have something for everyone that inspires, educates and entertains people of all ages about the science of Halloween.
- Offer valid Tuesday, October 1, 2013 – Thursday, October 31, 2013. Use promo code: ZOMBIES to receive offer online at azscience.org. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or coupons. Cannot be used for special events admission.
- Arizona Center
400 East Van Buren - 602-271-4000
- $5 parking for zombies on October 26th
- Photobooth and Live DJ from 6pm - 10pm the night of the walk.
- Brick Pizza & Wine Bar
455 North 3rd St. Suite 154 - 602-258-3665
- October 26th - $4 Four Peaks drafts
- Carnivore Vampire Pizza - $12
- Bonjour Vietnam
202 North Central Ave. - 602-252-1223
- $7 Drink Specials: "AA's Ration" & "Bloody Asian"
- $3 Shot Special: "Vaccine"
- Cafe Roma
455 North 3rd St. - 602-281-6121
- $2.75 1-topping slices for anyone dressed as a zombie.
- $2.50 Bud Light bottles for the walk.
- Canyon Cafe
455 North 3rd St. - 602-252-3545
- $5 Zombie Cocktail
- $5 Blood in Your Cheeks Cocktail
- $5 Bloody Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- October 26th only.
- Carly's Bistro
128 East Roosevelt - 602-262-2759
- $5 Zombie cocktails for the month of October. $3 for all Zombies dressed in Zombie attire.
- CityScape Garage
1 East Washington - 602-254-4140
- $5 Parking for anyone in Zombie costume on October 26th.
- Chloe's Corner Downtown 50 East Jefferson St. - 602-252-7600
- Death by Sugar Cookies
- Coney Island Grill
16 West Adams - 602-253-0292
- Monster Burger, Fries and a Drink for $9.99: 3/4lb. Hamburger with bacon and mushrooms.
- The Downtown Deli
130 North Central - 602-258-3069
- "The Zombie Weenie" - 1/4 lb. all-beef chili dog served with Devil Fries and choice of drink. $6.99
- Gentleman Joe's Barber Shop
10 West Adams - 602-295-3119
- "The Zombie Special" - No heads chopped, just hair cut to the best precision. Ask or mention "The Zombie Special" and get either our "Traditional" or "Precision" cut for $15 at the register.
- Good for the month of October. Haircut only.
- Gypsy Bar
50 East Jefferson - 602-732-5490
- The Carnevil Zombie Apocalypse
- Zombie Photo Exhibit • Zombie Fashion Show • Live Zombie Shoot • Carnevil Games • Model Painting • Fire Spinners • Dance Crews • Live Music
- Hosted by DJ Asia ft. The Mission Creeps
- Proceeds support Team Lizzie Bell - www.lizziebell.org.
- October 26th, 8pm - 2am, $5 Cover
- Harumi Sushi
114 West Adams St. - 602-251-0131
- $9 Crazy Zombie Roll
- Tempura shirmp, tempura chicken, crab mix, spicy tuna, avocado, cream cheese, & spicy mayo.
- The Hero Factory
114 West Adams - 602-254-6763
- The Pennywise - $8.50 - Freshly slaughtered, hot & sliced turkey breast w/bacon, melted provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion & Russian dressing.
- The Rare Wolf - $8.50 - Bloody rare roast beef, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, roasted red peppers & horse radish mayo.
- The Herman Munster - $8.50 - Hot cracked-pepper turkey w/ melted muenster cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, & hot sauce.
- Purchase 2 zombie heroes & 2 drinks and get 2 free bags of chips.
- Purchase 1 zombie hero & a drink, receive 10% off.
- Hotel San Carlos
202 North Central - 602-253-4121
- Receive a 20% discount on available rooms October 26th through October 31st. Call to make reservations and use discount code "ZOMBIE" to take advantage of this ghoulish deal.
- Hotel San Carlos Ghost Tours
Hotel San Carlos - 202 North Central - 602-393-5081
- Ghost Tours every Friday and Saturday at 8pm through the month of October.
- $13 - Spaces limited.
- Icon Lounge
50 East Adams - 602-333-0000
- $8 Vampire Bite - Malibu, Midori, cream, topped with Grenadine.
- John & Kathy's Shop
114 West Adams St. - 602-258-4859
- Candles made of candy corn & eyeballs. Use to ward off evil spirits. Zombie-like Halloween cards to keep in contact with your ghoulish friends. A huge Halloween wreath only $24.99. What a deal! Horror & thriller DVDs on sale (Saw, Child's Play, etc.) $4.99 - $7.99.
24 North 2nd Street - 602-253-0118
- $5 Brain Shots - Peach schnapps, lime juice, Baliey's, & grenadine
- Mi Amigos
455 North 3rd St. - 602-256-7355
- Specials for all Zombie Walk participants on October 26th:
- All You Can Eat Enchiladas - $8.95
- 22oz. Mexican Draft Beer - $2.95
- 22oz. Domestic Draft Beer - $2.50
- House Margaritas - $2.50
- Our Famous Blue Amigos - $2.50
- The Phoenix Symphony
1 North 1st St. - 602-495-1999
- Halloween & Hogwarts: Featuring the Music of Harry Potter
- $11 - $19. Sunday October 20th @ 2:30pm
- Poe Fest
Hotel San Carlos - 202 North Central - 1-888-343-4228
- Receive $5 off a General Admission ticket to PoeFest with the code "ZOMBIE".
- Every Friday & Saturday at 8pm from October 4th to the 26th.
- S&J Shop and Ship
212 North Central - 602-253-0093
- Skull Jewelry from $1.50.
- Seamus McCaffery's
18 West Monroe - 602-253-6081
- Shot Special: $5 Brain Hemorrhage
- Spoonz Cafe
101 North 1st Ave. - 602-252-0570
- "I've Got My Eye on You" Zombie eyeball pastry & other spooky treats.
- Steve's Greenhouse Grill
139 East Adams - 602-252-2742
- $2 Zombie Body Parts Jell-O Shots
- $4 Brain Hemorrhage Shooter
- $5 Vampire Kiss Martini
- $5 Swamp Sangria
- $5 Mummy Meatloaf Sliders
- Dine in Only
- Thai Basil Downtown
114 West Adams - 602-759-8737
- Special mixed drink ""Zombies King" - Mekong, grenadine, club soda. $5.95 ($4.95 in costume)
- Tom's Tavern and 1929 Grill
2 North Central - 602-257-1688
- Blood Bath Empanadas - Pumpkin & Apple filled empanadas served with a blood red raspberry sauce. 2 for $3.95
- On Draft: $3 Stella pints, $2 Bud Light pints
- Youngblood Haircutters
50 East Adams - 602-253-8121
- Zombie Manicure and Pedicure combo includes, Pumpkin Spice Lotion and Scrub, Mud Mask and all of the usual spa treatments - $50
- Zombie Prom Hair Styles and Updo's - $35 and up
- Z Pizza
111 West Monroe - 602-254-4148
- Zombie slices: 2 slices and beverage for $6.95
- Choose any 2 of gourmet slice, 1/2 sandwich & 1/2 salad for $5.95
- Choose any 3 of gourmet slice, 1/2 sandwich & 1/2 salad for $7.95